How to Apply
Step 1: Submit the Online Application
Once all documents are received, an admission decision will be given in 1-2 weeks.
Step 2: Submit Official Transcripts
All secondary school transcripts and university coursework (if applicable). Scanned copies of official documents are acceptable.
Note: All documents, including transcripts, submitted to the University become the property of the University and cannot be returned. Documents (besides the application) may be scanned and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Submit Proof of English Language Proficiency
The University of Mount Union requires evidence of English language proficiency for all international applicants.
Step 4: Additional Documents
For students transferring from another U.S. Institution, you are required to submit the Dean of Students Form. You may also submit a personal essay and letters of recommendations with your application. These items are optional.
Step 5: Expedited I-20/DS-2019 Issuance
If you wish to expedite the processing of your I-20 or DS-2019, please submit the following documents along with your application materials:
- Copy of Passport
- Completed Commitment of Financial Backing (CFB) Form.
- Bank statement (showing at least one year’s worth of expenses: tuition, fees, living expenses, etc.), or other financial information (please see CFB Form above).
- For students transferring from another U.S. Institution, please complete the SEVIS Transfer-in Form.
Resources for Applicants and School Counselors
The Office of Admission is pleased that you or someone you know is considering the University of Mount Union! This page provides more information on how applicants and school counselors can ensure application materials are properly submitted to the Office of Admission. Please review the list of required materials for each applicant type below, then scroll through this page for submission details.
If you have already submitted your Mount Union application, check your app status here
Please call the Office of Admission at (800) 334-6682 or (330) 823-2590 or email email@example.com with any questions.
The Office of Admission reserves the right to require additional materials for review at any point during the application and review process.
- Application for admission
- Application essay
- Official high school and college coursework transcript(s)
- Official ACT/SAT
- Application for admission
- Application essay
- Final official high school transcript
- Official college transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended
- Dean of Students Form
Please review the International Admission page
Application for Admission
Submit the online Application for Admission. We begin processing applications for each upcoming academic year on September 15. We strongly advise interested students to apply as early as possible. There is no application fee to apply for admission to Mount Union.
If you have already submitted your Mount Union application, check your app status here.
To view the application essay prompts and guidelines, click here. You may upload your application essay as a Word or PDF document when submitting the online application. You may also submit your essay through the mail, fax or email.
All transcripts must be official and forwarded to the University of Mount Union directly from the issuing academic institution using one of the following methods:
- Electronic Document Delivery Mount Union only accepts electronic documents that come from legitimate sending institutions and through the following delivery services: Naviance, Parchment Exchange, eScrip-Safe or studentclearinghouse.org. The Office of Admission will only evaluate electronic documents sent through these recognized services. If prompted for a delivery email address, firstname.lastname@example.org should be used in order for Mount Union to retrieve the electronic documents and use them as acceptable credentials.
- Mail Official transcripts may be mailed from the issuing academic institution directly to the address below.
University of Mount Union
Office of Admission
1972 Clark Ave
Alliance, OH 44601
Ohio Graduation Test
Currently, Ohio students are required to demonstrate proficiency on the Ohio Graduation Test (OGT). Official documentation showing proficiency or exemption must be officially submitted from your high school using one of the acceptable delivery methods indicated above.
ACT/SAT Test Scores
First-year applicants are required to submit official test results from either the ACT or SAT-I. Your scores may be reported directly to the University of Mount Union from either the testing agency, ACT.org or collegeboard.com, or an official document from your high school (see acceptable delivery methods above). Talk with your school counselor for more details on test dates, registration, and score submission.
Counselor and Reference Forms
Letters of recommendation are not a required part of the application for undergraduate admission.
Transfer students must request a Dean's Evaluation Form in order to be considered for acceptance at the University of Mount Union. This form must be submitted from your most recently attended institution. The Office of Admission reserves the right to require a Dean's Evaluation Form from any previously attended institution. If past or pending disciplinary issues are evident, we will also require a Dean's Evaluation Form from every institution at which the student was enrolled.