ENG101 Assignment No 3 Fall 2017Dear Students, Here you can read or Download ENG101 - English Comprehension Assignment No 3 Solution and Discussion of Semester Fall 2017. Assignment Due Date is 01 February, 2018. Total Marks are 20. ENG101 Assignment Solution file has been added. We are here to facilitate your learning and we do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Previously we shared CS507 Assignment No 2 Solution Fall 2017.
|ENG101 Assignment No 3 Solution Fall 2017|
ENG101 Assignment Instructions:
- Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
- The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
- Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
- After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
- Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
- The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
ENG101 Assignment Question No 1:Read the following passages and write the topic sentence in the each of the given space. Also suggest a suitable title based on your understanding of each passage.
[2 x 5 = 10 Marks]
- It is true that medical doctors are health professionals whose roles are of great importance in the society. They are usually concerned and people generally look up to them to take care of their health and other related issues. In fact, whether people live or die, depends to a great extent, on the doctors in charge of their health situations. Almost everyone wants a doctor who is knowledgeable in the medical field, especially someone with many years of experience at hand.
- A clear advantage of having several part-time jobs is for people to be developed in the different areas where they are working. If one has several jobs, he or she will be able to meet several people and supervisors who will expose them to different challenges and learnings. Another advantage of having several part-time jobs is the opportunity to find out what one really wants as an occupation in life. This may be a stepping stone for one to be able to discover themselves, in terms of their abilities and skills. Lastly, I think having several jobs will make one earn more money than a full-time job. This is because in a full-time job, one is only entitled for a specific number of hours at work and sometimes, employers don’t give overtime pays.
- Technology has highly evolved over time. In fact, nowadays almost everybody has some sort of machine at hand, be it computers, cars, or washing machines etc. Although machinery was devised to benefit mankind, it has brought along many flaws to match.
The computer and internet remains one of the greatest inventions ever made by man. They make work easier for many people and make communication easier. Many people term technology as the necessary evil. What of its ability to expose people especially young ones to various evils such as pornography, strangers, etc. All technologies invented by man come with their blessings and disadvantages. However, in all cases the advantages always outweigh the disadvantages
Topic sentence: _________________________________________________________
- Education systems all over the world are based on the idea that students receive and remember information from teachers and books. These systems test the knowledge with standardized testing which compares students to one another. They only test the kind of information which is possible to measure in tests. The goal is to gain information, and not develop skills by which to use and make information. Unlike the old style of education, where people remembered things in order to pass tests and get higher scores than other students, the modern world calls for a new kind of education in which the focus is on deep understanding, creativity, and information management skills.
Topic sentence: =
ENG101 Assignment Question No 2
The primary function of language is to give factual information and convey essential commands, feelings and emotions. Parts of conversation/sentences are given below. From the four alternatives given below each sentence, choose the one which best describes the function of the underlined part of the conversation.
[2 x 5 = 10 Marks]
1. Roy: Hello, Sonail, Happy Deepavali to you and your family!
Sonail: Thank you. Do come in. I'm glad you have come.
(A) To wish
(B) To request
(C) To welcome
(D) To inform
2. Ali: The race will start at 8 a.m., won't it?
Ayesha: That's right. After registration, you have to assemble at the starting line in the field.
(A) To inform
(B) To greet
(C) To request
(D) To describe
3. Lily: Lehman fell while climbing up the rambutan tree.
Sonya: I shouldn't have asked him to pluck the rambutans.
(A) To complain
(B) To regret
(C) To apologize
(D) To advise
4. Bilal: Our team played badly, especially I.
Hassan: It's all your fault. You have let the team down.
(A) To advise
(B) To blame
(C) To warn
(D) To protest
5. Adil: Hello, Sam. You look worried. Can I help you?
Sam: Could you lend me twenty dollars? I need it urgently.
(A) To inform
(B) To describe
(C) To offer
(D) To request
ENG101 Assignment No 3 Solution Fall 2017
You can see the Sample Preview of ENG101 Assignment No 3Solution provided by (Virtual Study Solutions) below. Click on Download Button to Download Solution File in Your PC. Please Share it with your friends. You can also like our Facebook Page or Subscribe Us below for Updates.
ENG101 Assignment Question no 1 Solution
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hardThere are many people who although talented, have wasted their gifts and just not worked hard to support themselves. These types of people might be famous and well known, but in the long term and the bigger picture, fade into the background when really skillful and ‘hard working’ people come into the scene.
It boils down to your work ethic and how much effort you’re willing to put into something. As many people know, with life, you get what you put into it, so if you’ve got something you’re aiming for, something you want to do, work hard and you’ll create your own talent.
Talent is thought of as a gift for something.. A aptitude that’s a cut above the rest and lets the individual really excel at the task in question but talent doesn’t always come naturally. Sometimes, by working hard people can develop talent and what seems to be a gift is in fact just the result of working REALLY hard for a long time. Many famous people are famous not because they’ve hit ‘overnight success’ but because behind the scenes they’ve been working really hard.
I strongly agree with this quote because if you work hard for something
that you want then you will get it because you work hard.
Just because you are not smart doesn't mean you can't be smart.
Work hard for the thing you want because talent will not always get you far in life.
ENG101 Assignment Question no 2 SolutionQ: Read the above mentioned text carefully and give it a suitable title.
Ans: Share the Stress otherwise you eat up yourself
Q: The author’s purpose is to?
Q: What is genre of the text?
Q: Mention the narrator’s point of view after reading the text.
Q: What is the tone of the writer in the text?
Download ENG101 Assignment No 03 SolutionYou can Download ENG101 Assignment no 03 Solution file from the link below:
ENG101 Solution.pdf, 327 KB